Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

26th October 2017

Page 1 of 2Next

Morning all. Today's discussion thread

exited short this morning at 53 didnt want to be holding above 50, still half a percent all-in not bad since yesterday. Better than the bank.

Charts are messy with alot of stuff ranging, so staying out but hoping for a rise in stocks to sell into later.

On FTSE could now easily see a retrace to 7500 area but I dont fancy buying into it.

Gold could be a buy if dollar falls later but price action around 1280 has been woeful last few weeks and another one to get the apache treatment.

Nice hold of 7430 yesterday. Didn't expect it to get that low!

Weakening pound helping the rise, will be watching for dollar reversal later this afternoon and hopefully a good shorting opportunity.

Just got a bit overbought at 7480 on that cable driven rise to there. Bulls building on the 7430 bounce

Short from 78. Standard retest of the breakout area. Would think there is 30-40 points here to be taken.

Agree TCG. Pivot backtest to get short from. We've spent 3 weeks holding 7490 and then a clean break yesterday so would imagine that will hold for a while. Also looking at a head and shoulders on the Dow. 23375-23260-23480-23260-23375? Then break of neckline at 23260 leads lower

Be very surprised if it doesnt get up to 7490 later.

It was turning over for a couple of weeks now. The break yesterday should be significant. I don't think the FTSE holds such a tight range for 3 or so weeks then comes off an extra 50 points without more downside. I think we get an extension to the original range. So we maybe playing 430 - 500 for now. But I can see a stronger move down coming.

The ship has been steadied.

Still running my 42.3 long Ftse from yday....

Hard to know.  Potential for US to consolidate sideways for a while and form some sort of flag.  Lots of money probably ready to deploy at this time of the year and seasonal bias backing that.  Going mad on shorts isn't my cup of tea just yet.

Made a schoolboy error today. Completely forgot about the ECB meeting. Definitely wouldn't have been so quick to sell if I'd known about that! However, analysis is still the same.. should sell off post Draghi. Politico reporting Yellen has been told she won't be reappointed. If that's not bearish I don't know what is...

Sometimes it's really hard sitting on your hands.....had a moment of weakness bought on that last little drop small size and out for two points profit.......arhhh that's better :0)

I might short that line from yesterday after 2pm if its still resistance

bounceshown on 15 min chart looking tired?

ECB was dovish extended the asset purchase program.

Quote from Candlemaster on 26th October 2017, 1:52 pm

I might short that line from yesterday after 2pm if its still resistance

bounceshown on 15 min chart looking tired?

That's the play.. should hold given it took ages to break it down

After much agonising bought a load of gold based on yesterdays candle as the least risky option available.

Bloody yanks will probably come out charging but might short ftse with remainder of capital under 7490 after 3pm.

Quote from Candlemaster on 26th October 2017, 2:07 pm

After much agonising bought a load of gold based on yesterdays candle as the least risky option available.

Good call :). I'm long at 1276 today

Just need kim jong to declare war on catalonia...

I bought gold at 1277 and will double up a bounce off 1270 or 1265. No stop.

Quote from anstel on 26th October 2017, 1:06 pm

Still running my 42.3 long Ftse from yday....

Brave call anstel. Do you have any target on that? I have easy days, just 10 points in 1minute on ECB opening. It didn't open a trade a few times from the phone. I was annoyed as missed 13010 had to take higher. GL on your trade.

I should add i bought gold in pounds as dollar appears to be breaking out and thats how i play it.

Little scalp there from 78.5 out for 6.5 pts....Jack I'm not really expecting it to push over 500 to be honest so my target is 97 at the moment..... Mind you you can live in hope....I added from 65.8 as well .......

There's a nice lack of interest on cable which might help.

And the Dows not oversold on the 5 min yet either....

Thats me for today. Think stocks not weak. Hope for contined dollar strength, pound weakness, and gold to rise or not fall much from here would do.

Added at 74

50 % mental fib from 89 about 65 so I'm in too early I think....but might be ok

Page 1 of 2Next