Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

25th October 2017

Page 1 of 3Next

Todays discussion for the markets

In this crazy stock run ftse yesterday registered a higher low just above 7500.

Normally i would go long of such an object as it creates a decent RR esp under 7520 however i am too wary of a sudden re ersal elsewhere pulling all markets down so will maybe wat h for a rise to sell into closer to 7560.

Gold is probably going to test double bottom area of 1265 this week and might be a good value long there, but the dollar is breaking out so will need to see a reversal there.

Not much to go on right now, so will stand aside this morning and see what happens. Presumably ftse will grind north slower than a week in jail.

Certainly tricky to call at the moment CM. Have picked up some FTSE points longs and short this week, but its quite choppy

9.30 data should be a decent mover, last big data before interest rate decision [as if it informed that LOL] but this is a scalpers market and not my scene.

I would say the dark cloud cover is still in play on FTSE so I might short a move higher around recent highs.

Yes, 0.3% for the GDP forecast

Do we buy 00's or do we think it will go lower ??

Im thinking a little long @80

I bought 7502 dont think this is bad news for stocks and GBP didnt react that much really.

1/3 capital deployed no stop MM approach.

The 4 hr candle closes at 10am so if that low breaks might regret purchase, however if it holds up for a while will add to longs above 7500 with stop for full position around 7490. Thats the plan.

Correction underway with target in low 7400s. Needs to break 7480 ideally to be confident. It's rolling over on the daily though so it's been coming. Sterling probably will go back towards $1.35 now ahead of the BoE meeting

Bought at 05.... O6  and 93.3 think it will run back up....don't think its goin down just yet...

4 hr chart indicates major support at 7486 horizontal line. Bulls will look for that to hold at 2pm.

Note the support of the red-line area previously.

Out of all longs at 15.8

Quote from Candlemaster on 25th October 2017, 10:36 am

4 hr chart indicates major support at 7486 horizontal line. Bulls will look for that to hold at 2pm.

Note the support of the red-line area previously.

Bigger picture though we're hitting that support line quite often now and we've stopped getting to the top of the range so making lower highs. It looks pretty well telegraphed that 7490 breaks before 7560, so shorts should be rewarded for patience. Ideally would like to see a break on the close as follow through more likely then

can always go either way of course but I am encouraged by FTSE fast recovery in view of strengthening pound.

Just added to longs at 7508

..well done anstel

Hi guys, sorry it took me a few days to find the comments section. Iccy whats the update? Looks like its turning over on FTSE

Long at 8.8

I wonder if the GDP was massaged to, let's say, 0.351%, rounded up to 0.4?  ;0)

is anstel an apache name?

Anyone any ideas why the tech is sitting stubbornly on its base?  No earnings yet?  Rotation into Dow?

stopped out manually at 7499 didnt get the run, now watching for 7486 to hold or break.

Added at 500.3

Last 4 days ftse has failed to challenge its previous high.

But 7500 is a significant round number and as long as that holds I dont want to be short, however a decent drop under 7490 and will short it with a stop around 7520.

Quote from Cowboy on 25th October 2017, 12:39 pm

Anyone any ideas why the tech is sitting stubbornly on its base?  No earnings yet?  Rotation into Dow?

Dow is going to come crashing down soon here.. breadth was terrible yesterday despite the rise. Only 7/30 stocks were up for the day. SPX much weaker

Quote from manbearpig on 25th October 2017, 12:05 pm

Hi guys, sorry it took me a few days to find the comments section. Iccy whats the update? Looks like its turning over on FTSE

Hope he got out the FTSE longs otherwise he's being airlocked here

Is there a divi today?

Quote from Candlemaster on 25th October 2017, 12:59 pm

Is there a divi today?

3 points

Hi, it is a perfect idea to provide the link from the daily analysis to today's discussion thread. I hope it does not create much hustle to you, Nick. We appreciate it so much, thank you. Now it feels more organized.

Dax is in a range. I don't know what else to do there really but wait for some upside move. I heard prediction that it may go to 13500. Kids are on half term, the only thing to do is enjoy.

P.S. A little remark about display. When I open forum on Chrome it still shows empty white boxes on the last bottom posts and refreshing it doesn't help. So I go to Mozilla, but it is inconvenient as all of the charts are on Chrome. Does anyone know why I see white boxes on Chrome?

Thanks MCG . Short 7490. As it has hardly come back this far not to dip below 7486 at some point.

SP500 dark clouds still rule and hopefully the squeeze wont be too hard this afternoon !

Hey jack i find if you wait long enough in chrome the white boxes do fill up although can take a while.

Page 1 of 3Next