Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

25th October 2017

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

Dow hedges closed

Quote from icarus on 25th October 2017, 1:30 pm

Dow hedges closed

Icarus, just out of interest, how are you hedging your previous Dow position ?? With options ?? If you dont mind me asking?

Fingers crossed. 23490 was high yesterday hopefully wont be broken.

And we dont just want it to drop, no sir, we want it to PLUNGE screaming in tormented agonies as the abyss swallows it up.

Going to hold these a little longer...don't think it's going down substantially yet.....famous last words!

Quote from roltrader on 25th October 2017, 1:34 pm

Dow hedges closed

Icarus, just out of interest, how are you hedging your previous Dow position ?? With options ?? If you dont mind me asking?

No. With opposite positions.

Quote from icarus on 25th October 2017, 1:48 pm

Dow hedges closed

Although what i am also doing is everytime i close a hedge i also reduce my short position by closing the oldest first. That gives me a better average and also more time

Good strategy, reduces the margin requirement and the pressure, keeps you in the game.

Thanks icarus

Your welcome

Thats a very negative 4 hr candle folks, right on major pivot....please break early!!

Quote from Candlemaster on 25th October 2017, 1:20 pm

Hey jack i find if you wait long enough in chrome the white boxes do fill up although can take a while.

I'm testing it now, indeed they appear if I wait a little bit longer, it must be connection or something, thank you, at least I know how to deal with it now.

Hey Icarus so far so good a full retrace of yesterdays dow candle would be helpful.

https://i.imgur.com/8joT9lt.gifv

chart of the FTSE.. can't be long now!

Lol it won't go down .....it's going to block it lol..

Oh look it's still there :0)

Quote from icarus on 25th October 2017, 1:50 pm
Quote from icarus on 25th October 2017, 1:48 pm

Dow hedges closed

Although what i am also doing is everytime i close a hedge i also reduce my short position by closing the oldest first. That gives me a better average and also more time

Clap Clap Clap. Aa, so you are doing it!!! I heard it may go to 24000 so it's better be safe.

If I was long FTSE from 7200 area Id be cashing me chips in by days end, if this closes well for the bears today we could reasonably expect another 2 days of decent falls.

Yeah baby ! Hot damn that tastes mighty fine !!

Dumped it at 67....

Albeit grudgingly as I don't think the bull run is over....

4 30 should be interesting  🙂

In fact I'm looking to reinstate half if it consolidates...

Out at 7440.. sell the rallies

Back in at 42.3 long...

Expecting 7400 later or tomorrow.

Hi all, Looks like we have the break. Maybe a bounce here at 7440 to retest break area or around 7480, then back down.

Quote from anstel on 25th October 2017, 4:11 pm

Back in at 42.3 long...

Will join you with 10 stop.. if it's going to bounce it will be around here. Oversold on hourly so could go back to 7460s to reload shorts

Wow bank of canada interest rate unchanged!

Quote from Mcgcapital on 25th October 2017, 4:19 pm
Quote from anstel on 25th October 2017, 4:11 pm

Back in at 42.3 long...

Will join you with 10 stop.. if it's going to bounce it will be around here. Oversold on hourly so could go back to 7460s to reload shorts

Out at breakeven.. will sit this one out. Sell 7460s buy 7410 probably

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next