Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

10th November 2017

Page 1 of 2Next

Todays market discussion

Todays post here

Remarkable failure of the dax to bounce points to stock weakness. I am short FTSE and initial supports below are 7460 and 7440 opening the door to 7320 should they crack.

Will check in later this afternoon as expect it will be dull today.

Hi all,

things getting a bit more two way on the indices at last... All about tax plan or lack of it at the moment.

I've been back to the drawing board with my strategy as of late - feels like the work is starting to pay off, at least in terms of sense of wellbeing 🙂

Candlemaster - I'm finally understanding some of your comments in the past about shorting only under daily lows etc... I'm really enjoying being able to read a high time frame (weekly, daily) bias and use that in my short term plays to keep me on the right side a bit more.

GL all.

Good stuff Inoodle you have seen the light.

Good ol CM has brought his stop down to 75 BE on failure to punch through 7460, nopoint watching FTSE grind higher and still leaves a possibility of catching a fall.

When I am short I need results fast as usually the falls I am looking for are fast and hard.

If they dont materialise I exit stage left.

Hoping my stop keeps in if FTSE falls this afternoon when US markets open.

If not...there will obviously be a chance to short higher up with capital intact.

Good morning.

Still hanging on the cliff here. Just closed a supportive long 13145 for 45 and reduced my stake further. Now it's only £2 running but still gives me chills. Av. at the same 13256. I plan either to add to see if I win those or just get rid at 13200-220 if it gets there.

Or if it doesn't get there leave over weekend which is not ideal for me.

FTSE just wants 450 I wouldn't worry about it.

LOL, more than 50 now.

lets hope 7440 cracks alot faster than 7460.

If it does theres notmuch support below apart from the round number.

Quote from Candlemaster on 10th November 2017, 1:13 pm

lets hope 7440 cracks alot faster than 7460.

If it does theres notmuch support below apart from the round number.

I am on the other side, I hope the plunge protection scheme will get in action here. I need Dax moving higher.

Bear in mind, Nick is probably trying longs out there, who knows.

Jack it hasnt even rebounded to 7450 yet and bearing in mind the critical support 7440 represents I expected a stronger bounce.

If it doesnt bounce off a double-bottom retest of 7440 I reckon we see 7400 this afternoon.

Personally I think this is one big squeeze to get longs closed out before it finally pushes higher...

How's that Robi doing..? Have you changed your underwear yet?......

I find they have some great product lines at the care shop that are really useful sometimes ......

Just a quick heads up......They have a special offer on....all in one incontinence pads at £5.75......CM you might be able to get them in dollars :0)

nowadays I just wipe my ass with dollars...

Nothing worse than paper cuts...

Quote from Candlemaster on 10th November 2017, 1:30 pm

Jack it hasnt even rebounded to 7450 yet and bearing in mind the critical support 7440 represents I expected a stronger bounce.

If it doesnt bounce off a double-bottom retest of 7440 I reckon we see 7400 this afternoon.

I know, the power of my thought brought FTSE to 50, the rest is down to you. Hope it will rebounds above.

Might be worth grabbing some dollars now CM in case it gets back to 75

Quote from Jack 2 on 10th November 2017, 1:52 pm

I know, the power of my thought brought FTSE to 50, the rest is down to you. Hope it will rebounds above.

Your thoughts become your reality.....Ghandi knew a thing or two...

thats me stopped out at 55...weak means weak and I refuse to watch it grind higher....resistance means resistance...dont like 50 failing to be resistance...HANW everybody....I hope it goes higher for y'all now!

Quote from anstel on 10th November 2017, 1:56 pm

It was my battle with Candlemaster, I wanted to win it. I literally prayed for every bar on 1 min. It was for fun though.

Quote from Candlemaster on 10th November 2017, 1:58 pm

thats me stopped out at 55...weak means weak and I refuse to watch it grind higher....resistance means resistance...dont like 50 failing to be resistance...HANW everybody....I hope it goes higher for y'all now!

Have a good weekend CM......

Quote from Jack 2 on 10th November 2017, 2:02 pm
Quote from anstel on 10th November 2017, 1:56 pm

It was my battle with Candlemaster, I wanted to win it. I literally prayed for every bar on 1 min. It was for fun though.

Yes it's an interesting concept.....it's about as far away from technical analysis as you can get I reckon .....

I'm guessing that Robi has closed out......he's not made any comments tday...

What's happened to Mcg.......are you about buddy?

I know, anstel.

I don't like the behaviour of FTSE at the moment. Hope it will turn up again.

anstel, are you holding any positions?

I had a pretty negative day yesterday.  Longs stopped out.  Not to worry.  Have begun inching back in on the weakness.  At this stage I'm still inclined to think it's a shakeout and profit taking.  Apparently breadth of rebound at the lows yesterday was positive, though I don't follow the Arms index myself.

Quote from Jack 2 on 10th November 2017, 2:21 pm

anstel, are you holding any positions?

Yes I've got skin in the game...Theres some games going on here...nice strong push up on Tuesday to 7591 then down to 7439....... Somebody's smiling somewhere....

I mean look at this it's being held at 43 so everyone who is long craps themselves and closes....next week probably be back above 7500.....

Quote from anstel on 10th November 2017, 2:46 pm

I mean look at this it's being held at 43 so everyone who is long craps themselves and closes....next week probably be back above 7500.....

FTSE feels really gloomy, I just want to get out of my long.

Quote from Jack 2 on 10th November 2017, 2:51 pm
Quote from anstel on 10th November 2017, 2:46 pm

FTSE feels really gloomy, I just want to get out of my long.

Think in terms of probabilitys Jack......we are 100 pts down from where it's been comfortable recently....all the professional traders are taught to buy weakness..I believe.....so sooner or later I would of thought the demand will increase with a view to next weak.......its emotional pain that causes a lot of drawdowns....

Page 1 of 2Next