Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

UK inflation rises to 2.5% in June | 7093 7072 7000 support | 7130 7145 7166 resistance

FTSE 100 Outlook | Trading Signals | Forecast | Prediction | Analysis

FTSE 100 live outlook prediction analysis for 14th July 2021

We may well be on for a bit more downside today and possibly another dip and rise. The FTSE100 is on 30min resistance at 7125 as I write this and the have the daily pivot and 30m coral (red) just above at 7130. As such we may well see an initial dip down to the 7098 level where we have a green 2h coral support line.

The S&P however might support things as well as that is on its S1 and 200ema support at 4358 to start with this morning, so the bears will be looking to break that line initially. However we have 2h resistance on the S&P500 to start with at 4374 spa. narrow range in play between key support and resistance and it will be interesting to see which one wins out. The bulls will be looking for a push towards the 4400 level still, but do seem to be struggling a bit just now.  Below the 4350 support then the bottom of the Raff channels are both at the 4320 level and that could well hold.

If the bears break below the 7108 S1 level initially then 7093 is S2 (with it being fairly flat yesterday we are quite bunched with the various support and resistance levels) and then 7072 below that. If the bears were to break below that 2h coral line support though we may well see it get a bit bearish with 7000 back on the cards.

For the bulls, if they can break 7130 then 7145 is R1, and then R2 at 7166. Of course, they will still be pushing for a rise towards the 7200 level, and having managed to get their nose just above 7140 yesterday (though quickly given up) we could see some more upside tomorrow.

For today though I am thinking more bearish, and watching those supports to see if they hold. Worth shorting a break of 7085 though as thats the key fib there and if that doesn't hold the bears will feel a bit more powerful.

Good luck today.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Asian Session

Most Asian stocks fell Wednesday and Treasuries pared a decline as investors evaluated a surprise U.S. inflation jump that stirred the debate on how long Federal Reserve policy can stay ultra-loose.

Shares fluctuated in Japan and retreated in Hong Kong and China, though the moves were generally modest. S&P 500 futures edged down after the index slipped from a record. Nasdaq 100 contracts were steady. U.S. releases overnight showed the highest inflation since 2008, as well as mixed earnings from JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Goldman Sachs Group Inc.

The 10-year U.S. Treasury yield eased to about 1.4% and the dollar trimmed earlier gains. The Treasury yield curve was volatile overnight: a flattening move following the inflation data reversed as weak demand at a 30-year bond auction drove yields on this maturity higher.
The New Zealand dollar jumped after the country’s central bank said it would end quantitative easing this month, reducing stimulus.

The June U.S. inflation print topped all forecasts and pointed to higher costs associated with the reopening from the pandemic. Fed officials have said they expect such pressures to be transitory but some commentators see a risk of more durable increases that could force a quicker-than-expected reduction in stimulus. Traders will be scrutinizing testimony due from Fed Chair Jerome Powell this week. [Bloomberg]

Recommended Broker

IC Markets - offers market leading pricing and trading conditions by providing clients with True ECN Connectivity; this allows you to trade on institutional grade liquidity from the world’s leading investment banks, hedge funds and dark pool liquidity execution venues. Highly recommended!

Membership and Live Trading

If you would like more detailed analysis for FTSE 100, DAX, Gold and S&P, including the trades that I am looking to take myself, then please join my active members community.

What you get

• Daily Analysis pre market open (sent around 7am each day) for FTSE, DAX, Gold and S&P.
  • Daily email pre market includes my trading plan for the day including ORDER levels, with stops and targets/limits
  • Telegram live trading room and webinar group membership for discussion and realtime trade updates

Keep up to date with new content, free sign up below

[yikes-mailchimp form="4"]