Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

New month money | Best month in 30 years | 6360 6401 6470 resistance | 6300 6252 support

FTSE 100 live outlook prediction analysis for 1st December 2020

The FTSE 100 recorded its best month in over 30 years as a wave of US election relief and optimism over positive vaccine trials swept through global markets in November. Though the benchmark was in a downbeat mood on Monday, shedding 1.6pc, it clocked gains of 12.4pc in November to mark its best month since rising 11.5pc in May 1990. It fell just shy of beating its best month ever in January 1989.
Amazon.co.uk Widgets
It has rebounded 30pc from a coronavirus-induced crash in March, though until this month had lagged behind US and European counterparts over fears about the extent of economic damage inflicted by lockdowns. Confidence among British businesses fell to a four-month low in November as a whole, though firms turned less pessimistic after news of vaccine breakthroughs, according to a survey by Lloyds Bank. Barclays’ equity strategists warned of a “bumpy” path ahead, but said the arrivals of several high-efficacy vaccines should bring Covid-19 under control.

Make Way Moderna

Moderna plans to request clearance for its coronavirus vaccine in the U.S. and Europe on Monday. The primary analysis, which included 196 cases, found the vaccine was 94.1% effective, in line with preliminary findings. All 30 severe cases observed in the study occurred in participants who received a placebo, indicating there's 100% efficacy against severe disease for the shot. A similar vaccine from Pfizer and BioNTech was submitted to U.S. regulators last month (and is scheduled to be reviewed ahead of Moderna’s shot), but it could take at least three weeks for a decision, making the U.K. look more likely to be the first country to approve it.[Bloomberg]

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

US & Asia Overnight from Bloomberg

Asian stocks and U.S. futures climbed Tuesday, aided by positive factory activity data and optimism that vaccines will bolster the global economy. The dollar dipped.

China and South Korea outperformed as shares rose across the Asia Pacific. Factory activity in some of North Asia’s biggest export-led economies rebounded in November, with a manufacturing purchasing managers’ index in China hitting a decade high.

S&P 500 futures advanced after the benchmark dropped the most in more than a week but closed out its best month since April. Gold edged up and Bitcoin was at a record. Oil fell for a third day as OPEC+ sought more time to reach a deal on production policy after a meeting broke down without an agreement.

FTSE 100 Outlook | Trading Signals | Forecast | Prediction | Analysis

Been a decent rise overnight, with the S&P climbing from 3595 (cheeky little stop hunt below the 3605 support though) and looks like it will break 3650 today, with some help from the new month money flowing in initially. That should also help pull the FTSE up towards the 2 hour resistance level at 6336 initially. Above that then the bulls will be looking at the 200ema and fib level at 6346, but we also have R1 at 6369. As such, we could well see any early rise stutter in this area initially, before the US pulls it up later. Breaking 3650 is fairly key for the S&P as it opens up a test of the 3700 level.

The S&P is also locking in 3643 as support on the 2 hour chart for today so we may well see that new month money and December rally sentiment trump the usual bear Tuesday today.

For the FTSE above the 6369 level then the recent high at 6417 from Friday night is the next key level and then R2 up at 6470. However I am not expecting us to get that high today.

Initial support is at the 6300 level where we have the 25ema on the 30m chart, but below this then 6252 is the key fib, and just above yesterdays low that saw a decent bounce. As such, a possible double bottom here if 6300 goes would fit quite well. However, a break of this and then 6206 is S1 and probably would get tested as bear Tuesday kicks in.

So, not too much more to say really. Expecting a rise and dip to play out today, but the bulls will need to break 6336 and ultimately 6369, so I am thinking that a short in this zone is worth a go today if we get the initial rise. 50/50 chance of a rise to the 6400 level though. I am watching the SP to hold the 3642 level, as below that 3625 is the next main support. Good luck today.

Recommended Broker

IC Markets - offers market leading pricing and trading conditions by providing clients with True ECN Connectivity; this allows you to trade on institutional grade liquidity from the world’s leading investment banks, hedge funds and dark pool liquidity execution venues. Highly recommended!

Membership and Live Trading

If you would like more detailed analysis for FTSE 100, DAX, Gold and S&P, including the trades that I am looking to take myself, then please join my active members community.

What you get

• Daily Analysis pre market open (sent around 7am each day) for FTSE, DAX, Gold and S&P.
  • Daily email pre market includes my trading plan for the day including ORDER levels, with stops and targets/limits
  • Telegram live trading room and webinar group membership for discussion and realtime trade updates

Keep up to date with new content, free sign up below

[yikes-mailchimp form="4"]