Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Interest rate week (again!) | 7490 7510 7530 resistance | 7430 7412 support

FTSE100 Analysis | Signals | Forecast | Prediction | FTSE 100 Outlook | Trading help

FTSE100 live outlook prediction analysis for 12th December 2022

Stocks were on the back foot in Asia and equity futures declined at the start of a pivotal week for markets, with interest rate decisions due from the Federal Reserve, the European Central Bank and a host of their peers.

The FTSE100 finally dropped down to near enough test the 25ema on the daily chart at the 7430 level and we saw a bounce off that on Friday. Since then the bulls have managed to hold it around the 7450 level, though another test of that support line is possible today at 7424.

We may possibly have an overshoot as we have another big week ahead from an Interest Rate perspective with further rate rises expected. The BoE are expect to increase by another 0.5% this week as well. If we do get an overshoot today for a dip and rise to play out then I am looking at the 7410 level as decent support.

Daily support is at 7419 also, with the key fib at 7412 and then S2 at 7391. As such, should the bears take it down to the 7400 area then we could well see a bounce here.

That would tie in with the S&P500 defending the Hull MA 2h support at the 3927 level, at least initially. Below that then 3915 & 3909 are the next key supports and if tested I would like to see a bounce from this area.

For the FTSE100 resistance level then the 7470 level is first up where we have the red 30m coral, and just above the daily pivot. If they can push above this then the 7495 level is looking fairly key as we have the 200ema here, along with the R1 level. Just above this is the key fib at 7510 as well.

We may well get a dip rise dip play out today, in a similar pattern to the ASX200 once again. The bulls will be slightly nervous about the potential rate rises in the pipeline (unless they have been tipped the wink again) and as such may be a bit cautious about piling in long too much.

That said, the seasonality chart does have the early December dip and then the rise (Santa Rally) starting during this week so bear that in mind. 7440 is also the bottom of the 20d Raff channel currently.

Above the 7510 level then 7546 is the next level of note and a possible short here may well play out. Likewise, below the 7410 level then 7364 may well see a bounce as thats a decent rising trend line on the daily chart. Not sure we test those extremes today but never say never and do bear them in mind.

So, will we get a bull Monday today? I think they will at least try - a bit of buy the rumour sell the news playing out to start the week.

Good luck today.

Recommended Broker

IC Markets - offers market leading pricing and trading conditions by providing clients with True ECN Connectivity; this allows you to trade on institutional grade liquidity from the world’s leading investment banks, hedge funds and dark pool liquidity execution venues. Highly recommended!

Membership and Live Trading

If you would like more detailed analysis for FTSE100, DAX, Gold and S&P, including the trades that I am looking to take myself, then please join my active members community.

What you get

• Daily Analysis pre market open (sent around 7am each day) for FTSE100, DAX40, Gold and S&P500.
  • Daily email pre market includes my trading plan for the day including ORDER levels, with stops and targets/limits
  • Telegram live trading room and webinar group membership for discussion and realtime trade updates