Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

9th November 2017

Todays market discussion forum

Todays Post https://www.hilsdentrading.com/7500-7480-7460-support-7545-resistance-learn-trade-analysis

7500 holding

It is upsetting I missed my 13332, so busy this morning.

Still heavily long EURGBP.  Took half out above 8900 and readded on the dip back down below the 61.8% retracement.  Time for Brexit to come to the fore again as we come to round SIX of the talks.  A lack of progress here means next EU meeting before Christmas will not pass the permission to start talking trade.  The pair is banging up against some resistance now in the 8860's.  May bring some stops up close and if it drops back, take another bite at the cherry.

Currently long US and dax.  Sitting around break even and waiting to see how they play out.

I wonder if anyone trying longs. I try 13280

Massive drop, 13250 I had in mind to go long with. Let's see.

66.9 b/e long. Pleased I held. The av. could be already at 13255 as I closed some profits.

I said to myself wait 13250, no I need to go earlier.

Agree it doesn't seem an unreasonable area to add longs.  Added at 13255.

Got FTSE 100 support in this 7460 to 7480 area too. can they defend it again. The bear attacks are getting stronger!

Dax is refusing to play my game.

Just closed my gold long for a disappointing 1% gain, neither falling dollar nor falling markets could get the bugger up to 1290 never mind 1300, I might short it tomorrow.

So back in cash and lets see where we close tonight, i suspect stocks will bounce tomorrow but yet again hardly seems worth the effort on ftse.

Sod it. One third capital short ftse. Please close weak. Plenty of resistance overhead.

Reason for above is weakening dollar.

Quote from Candlemaster on 9th November 2017, 5:20 pm

Sod it. One third capital short ftse. Please close weak. Plenty of resistance overhead.

Don't lose your composure CM that could cost you....

I'm thinking strong rally about now.

I reckon 7490 and 7520 are massive resistance now in a market that refused to go up.

Lets have a november wobble now to set up a december buy.

Dollar in downtrend will help ftse lower.

A punch through 7460 sets up a 7320 target.

The RR is very good.

So will double up short at 7520 or 7450.

Could probably do with a stampede from the Bulls but they are leaving it late!

It's looking pretty crappy......is it going to be darkest before the dawn though...this will have stopped out a lot of longs making it weaker...

Jack mate can you open the bloody door its freezing out here.

I know youre in there.

@ Anstel

Looking pretty dark now brother...

If 7460 cracks you know the next stop.

Nothing to say, losing.

Stake reduced to a reasonable one to leave overnight. Tomorrow I face a loss or b/e. Hopefully b/e. Average 13250 now because I reduced stake in half with no expense from the starting balance of the day.

I made a bloody mistake today due to lack of attention and stop loss failure. Gutted.

Bit of a respite now around 7480.... I'm looking on the 5 min Dow...it needs to break above the 50 sma next and I don't see why we can't approach 7500 again on the Ftse...Think the Dow is the driving force here but if cable drops back as well  we could assend I think...sentiment has had a beating here...from that 7591 high a couple of days ago....