Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

9th January 2018

Todays posts

The vol is horrendous today.. sold 7725 shortly after the open and nothing has happened for 3 hours! Hoping for 7700-10 area but could easily see another spike up to 7750-60. But think we're in the process of topping and the next bigger move is a retest of 7600

Mcg, where do you get an info on volume? I just go by my strategy. Cought up an early rise on Dax too late 13384 and so closed at 94 but still had less profits cos closed half earlier as it wasn't going. Took a short 405 but don't know, held only for a few points. Now it dropped to pivot, I didn't take long yet, maybe.

Quote from Jack 2 on 9th January 2018, 12:29 pm

Mcg, where do you get an info on volume? I just go by my strategy. Cought up an early rise on Dax too late 13384 and so closed at 94 but still had less profits cos closed half earlier as it wasn't going. Took a short 405 but don't know, held only for a few points. Now it dropped to pivot, I didn't take long yet, maybe.

Think you can get it on yahoo finance or google finance but only at the end of the day. It's also available through charting packages but have to upgrade. I don't pay much attention to it.. when I said vol I meant the volatility.. price just isn't moving at all today

Ah, I thought you meant volume in the first place. Yes, volatility is weak today. I don't know whether I should buy or wait for some pull back.

One of those days where everyone sits on their hands waiting for someone to blink.

As usual the Americans call the shots.  We'll see what they do.

I closed longs too early on Friday at NFP.  Crazy performance into the close.  Now it's a waiting game for earnings.  Which is just a decoy anyway.  It's just a game of risk.

Quote from Mcgcapital on 9th January 2018, 12:43 pm
Quote from Jack 2 on 9th January 2018, 12:29 pm

Think you can get it on yahoo finance or google finance but only at the end of the day. It's also available through charting packages but have to upgrade. I don't pay much attention to it.. when I said vol I meant the volatility.. price just isn't moving at all today

Excelsior!