Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

8th November 2017

Page 1 of 2Next

Todays market discussion

Howdy folks. Looks like the fireworks are starting

Should FTSE be shorted? IMO not yet unless you shorted the highlighted reverse hammer on the 4 hour and are waiting to go lower.

FTSE is retracing yesterdays bear candle and until a good reversal candle is seen on the 4 hour chart I personally would not go short here. A candle close at 10am or 2pm under 7533 [horizontal line has been resistance for weeks] looks good for bears who could initiate shorts from under 7500 and add to them under 7490.

well thats what I will do anyway, should it get there. First target 7430.

Currently half my capital is long gold.

@ Icarus

Might be a top on US markets but there have been alot of false dawns !

You still hedged ?

Quote from Candlemaster on 8th November 2017, 10:46 am

@ Icarus

Might be a top on US markets but there have been alot of false dawns !

You still hedged ?

Yes partly

I am not ready to go short Dax yet although today nearly did it but it didn't just get to the pivot so missed it. The signals all over the place mixed, pointing to the range at the moment, no trend. I still favour upside on Dax but when I get a good signal. Support 13332 is the one to break so the drop there is possible.

Dax has pretty good support here and I would not short it unless there was a break below 13340.

Long 13362

No longs, pity

Out -0.5 slipped a bit

FTSE turned down, decided to wait a bit. Another long at 13332 possible

Back to long 13360 modest one so far. 13384-90 would be great

Still think 13332 is possible for some reason.

Morning chaps.Long Ftse around 7506 looks resonable to me

Quote from anstel on 8th November 2017, 12:58 pm

Morning chaps.Long Ftse around 7506 looks resonable to me

Nice to see you back. How are you doing?

So I am out for now, I will wait till later to see if it drops down to 13332 otherwise it's a good day.

This activity reminds me fishing.

It should drop from 79.5, it didn't take 79.9 and rejected. maybe 13332 or just retrace?

Doing quite well thanks Jack....making incremental improvements to various aspects of my trading and feeling quite positive about improving my game...it takes time,experience and quite a lot of errors though...best of luck with your trading....

How many years are you trading, remind me anstel? It took me 4 years to get my head stabilized. Still mishaps and old habits happen though.

anstel, I was thinking to have some kind of a discussion meeting with you in real sometime in the New Year. What do you think of such idea? Let me know. No pressure.

Hi Jack ive been trading 4 yrs now.......I was thinking of maybe meeting up at some point too but not yet as I have a lot of things requiring my attention but it's something to think about....maybe we could ask Nick to add a Private Message option to the site.....anyway back to the here and now Ftse struggling a little at moment but I'm thinking we should get higher later on as the dividend starts to enter people's gameplan...best of luck.....

FTR I dont want to be lured into any of your homes...my real names not even candlemaster !!

Quote from anstel on 8th November 2017, 2:17 pm

Hi Jack ive been trading 4 yrs now.......I was thinking of maybe meeting up at some point too but not yet as I have a lot of things requiring my attention but it's something to think about....maybe we could ask Nick to add a Private Message option to the site.....anyway back to the here and now Ftse struggling a little at moment but I'm thinking we should get higher later on as the dividend starts to enter people's gameplan...best of luck.....

I am thinking the same, not ready yet to meet but thought it would be a great idea at some point. It came to me as a thought that we actually work here and don't feel it is real but meeting someone you work with could be quite important.

I should have held my long on Dax longer but the drop to 13332 didn't quite got there. Well, it's been a nice afternoon.

Ive got a great collection of knives...

Quote from Candlemaster on 8th November 2017, 3:49 pm

FTR I dont want to be lured into any of your homes...my real names not even candlemaster !!

What?? I always thought it was.

Any ideas as to FTSE short term movement?

Prefer longs while above 7500 but seems to be limited upside.

The pound bounce is over and it should now head lower which wont do FTSE any harm.

Oh dear

I was long. Yikes!

Please tell me that it'll be back up above 7250

7520 I mean

Morning Robi....it could go anytime this but if you want a guess I think it will recover above 7520.....

It will. But dont know when.

7490 has been major support if that breaks I might get short, but if it holds i might buy ftse above 7500.

Im long gold which is good, should test 1290 in dollats today, muchos denieri accumulated to date.

Quote from Robi on 9th November 2017, 12:37 pm

Please tell me that it'll be back up above 7250

You need to think first how much you could lose on a trade and not how much you can win and keep the size DOWN...

Quote from Nick on 9th November 2017, 9:12 am
Quote from Candlemaster on 8th November 2017, 3:49 pm

What?? I always thought it was.

I think CMs real name is Norman Bates......due to his collection of knives :0)

Thank you for replies, I really appreciate it.

Total novice at this....been at it for 2 months with very little success!

Which is why I am here.

Good luck to all of you, again thank you for your responses.

Quote from Robi on 9th November 2017, 1:03 pm

Thank you for replies, I really appreciate it.

Total novice at this....been at it for 2 months with very little success!

Which is why I am here.

Good luck to all of you, again thank you for your responses.

Hi Robi......first trading is extremely difficult.....very very very hard......We have had an unprecendented bull run on the dow over the last year it's up over 5000 pts.....when it goes its goin to go big time .........my best advice is to trade minimum size .......my next advise is not shared by everyone and is open to much debate but I think you need wide stops or you will be taken out over and over again...but ! You also need to know when enough is enough and get out with a loss.....before it runs away....and be very careful leaving open positions over weekend.... Especially longs.....if it gaps down stops won't save you.....There's a hell of a lot to learn.....keep SMALL and forget any get rich quick ideas.......they will turn out to be get poor quick facts very quickly......best of luck.....

Also open a Dow chart and a GBP/USD chart.....the Ftse is being influenced by The Dow first....and then the value of sterling against the dollar......GBP/USD is nicknamed cable.....So to summarise watch the Dow.....it's closed now but still influences the Ftse and Dax......and don't make the mistake of trading too many Markets at once till you get a few years experience......

Mcg you got anything too share for Robi.....?

Page 1 of 2Next