Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

8th December 2017

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Might as well have a bit of fun it's friday...

They seem to always squeeze shorts on days like today. BoE meeting, budget day and EU deal day. This morning I was too focused on sterling and forgot that they'd spin it positively for the domestically exposed stocks. That being said, still has a b wave feel across the board rather than a new up leg. Obviously needs to hold 7400 for that to stay the case, and the sooner it's back under 7370 the better

Under starters orders...

CM remains in cash. No clear signal on GBP. Might be a decent squeeze on Monday. But holding above7375 is bullish. Good weeken' y'all

Correction...GBP looks weak...will buy FTSE at 4.29 hoping theres a pullback there. I reckon its set up to squeeze the bears on Monday. Deal me in. All the money on red 29.

Cup and handle on 15 min I think....bullish continuation pattern?

Well I'm not that good at technical stuff ....I wouldn't say it was a good txt book example but I think it's a pretty good interpretation....any of you technical traders got any comments...?

Quote from Candlemaster on 8th December 2017, 4:55 pm

Correction...GBP looks weak...will buy FTSE at 4.29 hoping theres a pullback there. I reckon its set up to squeeze the bears on Monday. Deal me in. All the money on red 29.

Yes careful though of the MMM Mk2 's just in case it's play time....

I'm out at b/e. The lows being in doesn't feel quite right to me but conscious I have a bias here and need to let it settle down so I can reassess

Looks like another ridiculous short squeeze to me. I don't trust this ramp one bit. But I can't short it now as no set up for me. See chart attached... looks like top of channel test

Well I eeked out another 7pts there.....goin to try it again if it looks on :0)

Quote from Mcgcapital on 8th December 2017, 5:06 pm

I'm out at b/e. The lows being in doesn't feel quite right to me but conscious I have a bias here and need to let it settle down so I can reassess

Yeah Mcg we each have Bias.....you short and I long......like you said we need to be neutral.....not easy is it...?

Quote from anstel on 8th December 2017, 6:04 pm
Quote from Mcgcapital on 8th December 2017, 5:06 pm

Yeah Mcg we each have Bias.....you short and I long......like you said we need to be neutral.....not easy is it...?

No it's very difficult when you're going against the trend all day.. that's 2 days this week I've done it, thankfully stops kept the damage limited and the other days was able to get on some nice moves. I'm shorting more than longing at the min as the overall trend is down.. issue is determining when that changes. I'd say if that trendline is taken out on Monday at 7415 area then it's done. It doesn't really fit that well with what I saw on SPX but that's the reality, sometimes it just does that. Is today any different to some of the other huge ramps we've had.. that's the characteristic of downtrends, often they do that which makes shorting them difficult

My last trade of the week....out for 1 point...what a week....have a good weekend all....

goodnight....

PreviousPage 2 of 2