Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

29th November 2017

Today's market discussion

Todays post

CM rather pleased with entry and exit yesterday, now the strong GBP holding FTSE back so happy to sit in cash and wait for the next buy opportunity. Might be slow today and tomorrow so preferred scenario is pullback to set up a run for december.

Expect US markets to consolidate a little before next push, but you couldnt short them.

excellent support at 7411 for FTSE. Couldnt resist.

I'm long from 7415 this morning. Big gap and they usually have a go at filling them. Not sure it will but would be happy with 7440s. If Sterling consolidates that would help. SPX big resistance in the 2630s apparently so could be a pullback coming after tax reform passed

Just got out of my long from Dax +13. Just feel I'd rather try later.

Honestly thought that Dax was going to have a little drop, whereas FTSE did what I expected from Dax. You never know, but I desperately needed some profits on account. Still scraping my loss of 2 weeks ago. -40 quid now.

Quote from Mcgcapital on 29th November 2017, 10:58 am

I'm long from 7415 this morning. Big gap and they usually have a go at filling them. Not sure it will but would be happy with 7440s. If Sterling consolidates that would help. SPX big resistance in the 2630s apparently so could be a pullback coming after tax reform passed

Hi Mcg....I remember earlier in the year you highlighted areas I'm weak in and there are many....just like to say I think one of your areas to look at is maybe you need to run your winners longer....you mentioned happy with 7440 which would return two losses of about 25 pts from yday but have a think about holding this potentially 7490s in my eyes .....

Any thoughts on direction for ftse nick?

Quote from anstel on 29th November 2017, 1:19 pm
Quote from Mcgcapital on 29th November 2017, 10:58 am

Hi Mcg....I remember earlier in the year you highlighted areas I'm weak in and there are many....just like to say I think one of your areas to look at is maybe you need to run your winners longer....you mentioned happy with 7440 which would return two losses of about 25 pts from yday but have a think about holding this potentially 7490s in my eyes .....

Thanks Anstel.. I'm actually thinking of bailing on this long and coming back tomorrow. Yesterday and today haven't suited my trading style. I prefer it when the market mean reverts in a range and respects support and resistance, or clearly trends one way or the other. Issue is yesterday it ramped straight through all the levels and wouldn't pullback, then after the close with the Sterling news we now can't rally at all and it looks very soft. So yesterday for me looked like a bullish breakout and today it looks like a failure. So I've not managed to get any decent entries. It's ok targeting bigger winners but they have to be on to start with... to get to 7490 there's loads of resistance to clear now. Logically there's usually some sort of pullback before xmas rally time and looking at the US I think that move is yet to come. So my play today was to look for a gap close attempt then see what sets up, but it's that weak we haven't even managed that

Quote from 2wat on 29th November 2017, 1:40 pm

Any thoughts on direction for ftse nick?

Had a long this morning at 7420, half at 7432, rest at breakeven. Not really gone anywhere today. Have done better with Dax today with some longs, last one 13140 to 13190.

If it does get a run up beyond7450 I will let it run this time and hope for a good start to December.

CMs stop triggered at 7425 BE just when it looked like it might challenge 7450.

Thats me for today. You cant force it to give you dosh.

What was this drop at 15.12 about? Tried long 13115 failed with +5. Gosh good I failed and came out. Seems to be crushing through 13111.

I am reluctant to try other longs even from 13081.

Tried longs 40-50 area, naughty me, got out with some +, but no more trading from me today. Lost on finance a bit on the last trade but overally in profit on that trade and on the day. Getting closer...

I am actually glad that it's falling, it should build up nicely for CR (Christmas Rally)