Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

28th November 2017

Today's market discussion

CM exited long stage left at BE and no charts inspire. Gold just cant move beyond 1295 on a closing basis and is just as stuck as FTSE. Might just stay in cash for a few days.

Shudda bought bitcoin.

Probably setting up for another intraday reversal. US markets appear to have died, seen more movement in a corpse than the S&P 500. Feels like it wants to go down but when it does some people keep trying to jump the gun on the year end rally. Seasonality is usually weak late Nov/early December with the real low liquidity rally starting mid December

SP500 could well be on the cusp of next leg-up. I will probably go long FTSE before US opens and hope for an early push.

Dax is in his own world as usual. Not one way or another.

Sold some here at 7430. Exit on a break of 7440 pivot

Quote from Mcgcapital on 28th November 2017, 12:54 pm

Pivot is 7402. But as I understand you expect it to rise?

Quote from Jack 2 on 28th November 2017, 2:29 pm
Quote from Mcgcapital on 28th November 2017, 12:54 pm

Pivot is 7402. But as I understand you expect it to rise?

That's the daily pivot you're referring to. When I say pivot I mean inflection point like 7300, 7380, 7440, 7540. As the market quite often turns at these levels. I'm expecting it to hold the trading range which would mean that the top of this move would be around here (so selling). If we clear 7440s then I'm probably wrong so that's where I'd exit shorts

I got you, Mcg. Currently long Dax, it needs to catch up. So fingers crossed.

Quote from Jack 2 on 28th November 2017, 3:05 pm

I got you, Mcg. Currently long Dax, it needs to catch up. So fingers crossed.

I'm out of shorts for -15. Looks too strong for my liking (aka bullish). Hard one as I wouldn't fancy chasing it up when we're already up 65 points on the day, but best for me to sit out now

Question is? Is it going to turn at 50.... I don't think so,maybe 10 pullback then continue....

Been on this since 3.30 am ......when it looked awful...

Quote from anstel on 28th November 2017, 3:32 pm

Been on this since 3.30 am ......when it looked awful...

Where you long from Anstel? It could pullback rest of this afternoon now but not sure on medium term move now after today

Lowest at 7390

Goin to run it for the week.

I'm back in short at 7445 stop 55 now but not looking for anything more than a pullback into the close

I took some off just before open and replaced it ....I wasn't 100% sure at 7.59am

I wonder if my long will survive.

I wish Daxee would speed up. Please speed up.

Closed it now 16.13 for 32 points 13028-13060, it was a good run for what the range of Dax was considering my late entry. And 16.30 approaching, don't want to pay finance.

Possible short at 7474 tight stop if so inclined.

4 hr 200

Pretty much closed the gap to 7475 and CM not feeling brave so taking half a percent from my lunchtime long and see how goes tomorrow. That level is major resistance so I will even consider a short tomorrow, if todays high is not taken out.

That said, if it holds over 7475 it becomes a long again, the US markets look poised for a run so the DOW should easily attain 24000 by early December and SP500 2650.

Gold might be worth a small short.

Short cable 1.3315