Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

24th November 2017

Today's market discussion

Today's post here

Have posted 2 charts one shows support at 12900 for DAX and the other shows the pound break-out over 1.32

DAX long ?

FTSE short ?

CM is staying on the sidelines here. Although strong pound / short FTSE looks OK I dont like shorting stocks this time of year, even given the santa rally doesnt kick in for another month.

The chart below shows Euro strength as the Euro attempts to break through resistance, might make it tricky for the DAX to move up.

I am looking for reversals in EUR and GBP to go long stocks.

Pound pullback and betting co action has CM nibble at FTSE with 1/3 capital Long @7412

The weak pound hasnt seen much takeover activity, maybe its coming end of year?

Didn't expect the Dax to climb to 13160 today! Got long at 12986, but closed far too early. Had a short at 13080 that didn't last long!

Did you go long Dax, CM?

Quote from Nick on 24th November 2017, 2:03 pm

Didn't expect the Dax to climb to 13160 today! Got long at 12986, but closed far too early. Had a short at 13080 that didn't last long!

Me too, I had a long for a short time too although I didn't plan to trade today after yesterday's holiday in US.

No i was hoping dax would pull back to 12900 area so I could go all-in with a tight stop . So I compromised with a slice of FTSE and an eye on support below to add to position next week.

Hi guys,

Average opens for longs

8905 EURGBP

2578 SP

6315 tech100

23439 Dow

7460 FTSE

FTSE is still aimless, though I'd still say bias to long.  The others looked to making a bit of a bottom.