Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

22nd January 2018

Todays discussion

bulls need to break 7740 now...

Looks like 7710 first support, 7690 second support. 7740 first resistance, 7760 second resistance. Would expect the range to break down to test 7600 next few weeks so worth selling into resistance. Support will probably hold for another bounce or two but might break this week

Quote from Mcgcapital on 22nd January 2018, 11:14 am

Looks like 7710 first support, 7690 second support. 7740 first resistance, 7760 second resistance. Would expect the range to break down to test 7600 next few weeks so worth selling into resistance. Support will probably hold for another bounce or two but might break this week

Morning all....I'm tending to favour the long side Mcg tbh....we have had an 8000 pt gain in the Dow in the last 12-14 months.....my thoughts are the Ftse will rally....also with cable around 1.39 theres a possible consolidation or pullback possible I'm thinking  which might encourage Ftse bulls...have to see how it plays out....took my remaining longs off last Friday at a loss but I've regained that loss this morning so let's see how it plays out from here....

7740 is being stubborn for the bulls!

Quote from anstel on 22nd January 2018, 11:51 am
Quote from Mcgcapital on 22nd January 2018, 11:14 am

Morning all....I'm tending to favour the long side Mcg tbh....we have had an 8000 pt gain in the Dow in the last 12-14 months.....my thoughts are the Ftse will rally....also with cable around 1.39 theres a possible consolidation or pullback possible I'm thinking  which might encourage Ftse bulls...have to see how it plays out....took my remaining longs off last Friday at a loss but I've regained that loss this morning so let's see how it plays out from here....

Yeah but the companies in the Dow have just had a massive tax cut boosting the earnings.. FTSE companies are going to have a drop in earnings as Sterling is up 15% since this time last year and 2/3rds revenue is overseas. So can’t really compare the performance and expect them to be in line. Sterling correlation with FTSE seems to be dropping... think you’re right that it gives some back soon, but trend is still higher and we’ve broken $1.37 now so it’s unlikely it moves down a lot.

Tbh all we can do is play the range here.. would look a lot more bullish if it got above 7760 again but until that happens would give the benefit of doubt to bears

This is exciting...

Quote from Mcgcapital on 22nd January 2018, 1:37 pm

This is exciting...

Lol :0) I'm on the edge of my seat again.....I'm short cable again from 97...

Quote from anstel on 22nd January 2018, 2:03 pm
Quote from Mcgcapital on 22nd January 2018, 1:37 pm

This is exciting...

Lol :0) I'm on the edge of my seat again.....I'm short cable again from 97...

And long again Ftse from 34....

What the heck, taking a quick punt short from 37.  Glad I had some proper work to do this morning.

;0)

Longed Dax earlier this morning at 13422.  What's the consensus?  Take half at the top of the range?

Quote from Cowboy on 22nd January 2018, 2:23 pm

Longed Dax earlier this morning at 13422.  What's the consensus?  Take half at the top of the range?

Wouldn't like to comment on the Dax ive  not traded it for a while.....but greed is the enemy.....ive lost to many times waiting for bigger moves I'm happier with smaller gains...

13500 is the next resistance I have, take some near there?

Could break down soon looking at the hourly and 4 hourly. Yank muppets buying as usual though and think they need to participate for some downside

I give up with cable.....it just won't quit....

FTSE shorts hit limit at 7710 so that was a lucky little one.

Quickie cable short anyone?  Short at 13950

Still long USA from Friday. Gotta love the yanks.

Cable short currently 10 points under water.  Closed Dax on the underside of 500 for +45, Dow for +140, FTSE +22.

Still running tech100 at +65 and S&P at +22 waiting for the Netflix effect.  Stops pulled up close.  One of the good days.

Cable stopped for -25, tech100 and s&p stopped for above gains.

Clocking out.   :0)

(Will be tempted to buy tech again though with a good reaction to netflix) ;0)