Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

21st November 2017

Today's market discussion

Todays post here

Re budget - Looking like more Fuel Duty on diesel cars, possible change to VAT thresholds (£20k?), probably something else to screw the masses over, and a few things to bribe the youth vote.

The housebuilders could be big movers tomorrow depending on treatment of land-banking.

FTSE has supportive daily candles above 7350 and looks poised for a jump.

But its still very dull and I remain long the 250 which should really move tomorrow.

Gold yet again recoiled from 1290 area and is completely range-bound.

Been a couple of weeks since CM cashed any winners.

Did you expect this rise, Nick? My morning garden center's breakfasts cost me a lot in terms of missing a good move. Had a little long 13042 which closed soon enough before I went out. Do obviousely regret that now.

This becomes a bit of a problem here. Everyone knows I don't work during school time and they try to drag me out for some meetings, shoppings, breakfasts. I even started telling people: I am working. What do you do? What can I say for that? It's hard to explain. Once I said I work at the markets. They imagined me standing outside at the stalls. How to tell people I am busy so that I don't offend them?

Did indeed Jack, just gone a bit higher than my resistance level though - same as yesterday in fact.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2cleu0vounaqe48/Dax30.png?dl=0

Quote from Nick on 21st November 2017, 1:02 pm

Did indeed Jack, just gone a bit higher than my resistance level though - same as yesterday in fact.

Oh, I didn't expect that rise after reading the daily article. What the great arrows actually, I do miss them a lot! I wish I wasn't scraping out of the pockets right now I would subscribe. I do survive on very little low stakes right now £1-2 making 100 quid per week at the most which I take out immediately but by doing so I've taken out more than 100% of account since... a few months ago. But those arrows always gave me a sence of confidence. I still hope to expand my stakes but I am totally scared now after the recent falls, keeping my stake to the minimum until I get to a certain level.

FTSE has gap to fill to 7425 but I dont think it will be stopping there.

71% of IG clients are short, which means its a buy.

Still looks corrective to me, probably a choppy move up to 7440 coming then new lows next week. Basically the play is to wait for dips and buy, then flip short at the pivots. Thanksgiving is why I think it will be next week before the real move begins. Looks very similar to last year where we had a sell off after thanksgiving, low in early December then rally into year end

No, shorts are not starting at all. Managed to get 10-20 points on shorts on Dax but those were short scalps. I just don't want to risk going against the flow. I really hoped 14.30 would give a more decent pull back.

I am still living thinking of my last ordeal and a lot of emotions are coming seeing 13200 again. I could have had right now -£60 but I am still down -£116 but at some point I would have exceeded 1000, it's not worth it. I need to put it behind somehow. I even tried those shorts cos I was gutted.