Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

20th November 2017

Today's market discussion

Today's post https://www.hilsdentrading.com/7356-support-7380-resistance-germany-coalition-learn-trade-analysis

CM is long FTSE 250 with a large position and although slightly down tjis has been a much easier ride than trying to play FTSE.

None of the charts are looking like gimmes, could go either way this week with the DOW in particular sitting on important support.

Theme at beginning of week is weak dollar so worth watching that for bounce or drop through support.

The bull Mondays have been getting weaker, but where else to put money?

Anyone read the news about ECB sugesting deposit protection is no longer necessary? F***ing thieves!

Must be a crash coming!

On a more serious note, they are right. I have not seen the article, but I suspect the implicit suggestion is in the event of a crash they will simply print the money that is lost.

The recent experiments in QE have proven they can get away with it.

Quote from Candlemaster on 20th November 2017, 10:53 am

Must be a crash coming!

On a more serious note, they are right. I have not seen the article, but I suspect the implicit suggestion is in the event of a crash they will simply print the money that is lost.

The recent experiments in QE have proven they can get away with it.

You are right about printing money. But that doesnt go back to the people who have lost money in the event of a crash. They'll be given substandard bonds which will never rise even to par! White collar stealing in day light to transfer the money to the bankers!

Worth watching this series if you havent already. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0990xks/ad/billion-dollar-deals-and-how-they-changed-your-world-series-1-3-work

Money transference from the masses to the 1%.

Quote from Nick on 20th November 2017, 12:29 pm

Worth watching this series if you havent already. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0990xks/ad/billion-dollar-deals-and-how-they-changed-your-world-series-1-3-work

Money transference from the masses to the 1%.

Thanks Nick. Thats my next weekend sorted! 🙂

Interesting series. Means they now enough to blow $450million on a painting for example!

Merely gaining control of oilfields does not explain the wealth we see today. The 1% have definitely found a way of printing money.

Interesting one I saw lately on BBC was trickle-up economics. Good example was London, where having the rich spending their dosh should lift everyone up? ( popular trickle-down theory ) . Not so, they own the housing and charge tenants double what a mortgage would be. Just one example of how having the wealthy amongst us doesnt seem to bestow the benefits we might expect.

The big problem now is their mobility and the mobility of their wealth.

FTSE just trading the 7350-7400 range last few days. Can't really see much reason for a break next few days. US is closed for thanksgiving on Thursday so vol could dry up mid week and we might see 7440. However, I'm still thinking we see 7300 area before year end rally. So my plan for this week is sell under 7400 but get out if it breaks, but also buy on the dips, plus buy on a break of 7400

This site is hosted with TSOHost and they are having some issues this morning. You may get an error message  "internal server error" - just ignore and refresh and hopefully they will fix their issue soon

@ MCG, I am new to this platform and I have been following you guys post for a while.

I hope your assessment works out well......i really need that big move up on the FTSE 100.

CM is now all-in FTSE250 and initial target 20070. And thats a fact.

Quote from J2O on 20th November 2017, 2:55 pm

@ MCG, I am new to this platform and I have been following you guys post for a while.

I hope your assessment works out well......i really need that big move up on the FTSE 100.

Thanks J2O.. where are you long from? Feels like it could be rangebound 7300-7550 for the rest of the year now. I'm just selling 7390s but will flip long if 7400 breaks up

MCG, my long positions averages out at 7470. I have been scalping in between the ranges, but hopefully, the upward trend continues. 7550 would make my day......lol.