Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

19th January 2018

Todays post here

Short on gold 1336

Short this discussion page...

Lol! Yes, everyone very quiet!

Quote from TCGtrading on 19th January 2018, 12:40 pm

Short this discussion page...

Lol all the bears who trade without proper risk management are gone now after the last few months, more than likely blown up. All the perma bulls are long from near 7800 probably and bricking it a bit here. That's 90% of retail.

Still think we see 7600 area next couple of weeks. Yesterday was frustrating for me, took 45 points on shorts first thing, gave back 16 by buying just before the turn and selling when it didn't seem like it would rally. 7730 area should probably hold if the drop is on to form a lower high.. so sold into that now

Have shorted FTSE at 7726 also Mcg

Hi guys been busy and not been posting....just shorted cable this morning at 1.3938... And 1.3927... I have some lower though as well under water...I'm long Ftse from 7718.8 and closed a long this morning from 7685.8 at 7712.3 to reduce exposure...I also have a long from 7759 underwater.....also I closed some lower cable shorts at a loss to move them up into play... Got a bit going on. Catch you all next week ...and good luck all....

Nice to see you, anstel, I thought how you were doing.

I had the guts to go long Dax at 9.05 from the top price actually there 13358.2 and lead it to around 75 and 87. Feel positive today.

Hi guys. Disappointing day yesterday. Failed to take 12k profits at the US highs after the open and let it reverse on me, stopping out just above B/e.  I let it go on down yesterday evening and settle out before taking some longs again lower down. I still think it's worth a punt, but mindful of MCG's parallel with last year.  Tricky whipsaw week really in the US after a great weekend move.

Looks to me like cable is rolling over on the 4 hourly....only so much weakness in the dollar for one week surely....hoping to get a push on Ftse to around 7748..

Quote from anstel on 19th January 2018, 3:29 pm

Looks to me like cable is rolling over on the 4 hourly....only so much weakness in the dollar for one week surely....hoping to get a push on Ftse to around 7748..

Took 10pts on my 18.8 it's friday...

2805 is S&P resistance, still holing for now

Quote from anstel on 19th January 2018, 3:29 pm

Yeah think Sterling might consolidate now.. if so then it's not going to be a headwind for FTSE next week. Last year's decline was Sterling driven. But still think 7600 area is a magnet and once a base is built there that's when there can be a go at 8000. US markets up 5% in Jan and looking toppy.. 50 points off spx would be 2% retrace and tally with 7600 FTSE. That looks on to me.. but shorts on the US haven't worked very well at all the last 15 months. If 7684 was a significant low to be able to push to new highs you'd expect the rally off it to be more impressive.. look how choppy this is on the hourly and 4 hourly.. that suggests to me it's more of a retrace and lower prices to come. Get above 7740 and that looks less likely but need to wait for that before attempting a buy and hold type trade