Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

19th December 2017

Todays market discussion

Todays post here

Bit of a reaction at the 7562 level

Short at 7562 - taken some profit at 7549, stop to breakeven on the rest

Could be the top for the whole santa rally this morning. We're at major resistance here. SPX always sells off before breaking a new 100 mark so thinking that might close yesterday's gap once the tax bill is passed. Not much reason for FTSE to go to 7600, 6 days left and would expect it to close the year near 7500 or slightly below if a correction is coming

Just watching .....cable could spring a few surprises so Im content to do nothing....

Seasonal factors should prevail. 7600 by tomorrow. Hopefully 7700 soon after.

Disaster! Spreadex removed the old chart software and left the newly introduced one which was hanging there alongside the old one for a few months. This is a catastrophic event for me. I used the old charts for more than 6 years and was happy with them. I avoided the new charts as much as I could but they removed it today so I have no choice!!! I called customer service they said the email preparing to this event was sent out (I didn't go to my emails) but it doesn't recovere the fact of what they did. Why? I obviousely tried to set the new charts right now and seem to have found all indicators, some of them like Stochastic I didn't like at all so I removed it at all. Bollinger band which I use for mostly decorational purposes now got the dividing line between which could be confused with EMA, so annoying (cannot remove that line unless I remove Bollinger at all). I can't change colours of EMA and it's awkward moving about the chart, some obscuring elements, basically awful. I am really upset, that was the last platform which used those old charts I'm used to. Now not a single platform uses those charts. I guess I should get used to these (like I had to get used to Iphone7+ after Samsung). Messed up my brain now. What to do?

Begin by asking a member of staff to untie the restraints on your back. Once this is achieved let me know and together we will plan your escape. Those M&^%FU&^%RS will pay for this outrage !!!

And I dont care if its christmas. They will all pay!

Quote from Candlemaster on 19th December 2017, 2:50 pm

Seasonal factors should prevail. 7600 by tomorrow. Hopefully 7700 soon after.

What happened to the Santa rally on spx last year? Strong first half to the month and was then faded.. think it's something like 76% odds markets are up last week of the year vs 65% odds anytime.. yes it's an edge but it's nowhere near guaranteed. If we break 7600 could see 8000 tbh it would be that big a break out. Got to trust the chart over the calendar and that says 20+ failures at 7540-7600 area needs to be respected

Its a coin-toss. But with limited downside potential to year end, I prefer to be long.

With the Dow looking at potentially 25,000 I think a break to the upside on Ftse  is on TBH....fueled by a decline in cable to some extent....

Jack.....if you are unhappy with the new charts I suggest you STOP trading and get a demo account and get comfortable using them before you risk capital.....

anstel, I was just using them, even had an ordeal on Dow right now which came out successfully, so I did feel the charts a little bit. I cannot afford to do demo, getting too old for that.

Quote from Jack 2 on 19th December 2017, 4:05 pm

anstel, I was just using them, even had an ordeal on Dow right now which came out successfully, so I did feel the charts a little bit. I cannot afford to do demo, getting too old for that.

Well ....it's hard enough when you know your way round the platform.....what about opening a demo account as an extra along side your live account....then you can learn how to use it risk free....only take a day or two? Once you made the transition you can close the demo....might as well take advantage of whatever tools are available to help you?

"I cannot afford to do demo".........BUT more importantly you don't want to lose capital....There's always another trade.....if you have the capital....Sometimes to win the war we lose a lot of battles along the way....think what you can lose first...

Closed longs for lack of energy. Just under 1% gain. Didnt like being sub 7540 for very long.Next all-in will be a short.

Quote from anstel on 19th December 2017, 4:16 pm

"I cannot afford to do demo".........BUT more importantly you don't want to lose capital....There's always another trade.....if you have the capital....Sometimes to win the war we lose a lot of battles along the way....think what you can lose first...

Thank you anstel for good advice. I do appreciate your support in this situation. It is quite heartbreaking but I’m trying to stay positive. It feels like they let me down. I am officially finished until 8 January because that’s when I’m supposed to be back so I will have plenty of time to fiddle with new charts. I tried £1 trades today but I wasn’t supposed to (I normally don’t trade when people are around) just to feel it. I did even make some + Nothing changed it terms of finance: opening-closure apart that now I can also close an individual trade straight from the chart without reducing the position (a bit primitive option as I always use partial closures of trades from the platform itself but in case of a short scalp you can still close seeing the chart and a candle. It is interesting but not essential for me.

When I said that I cannot afford to do demo I meant that I feel that I am getting too old and have less and less time to do anything in life. I feel that I’ve already wasted so much time and didn’t achieve anything. And now this blow with charting software. I feel gutted.

I hope I will get used to these charts fast but until then I’ll stay on low stakes.

Funny how my clock is an hour ahead of everyone elses on here.

@ capital

You prepared to short a shooting star tomorrow?

Quote from Candlemaster on 19th December 2017, 5:15 pm

@ capital

You prepared to short a shooting star tomorrow?

Shorted 7560, took half off at 7540.. reckon we just trade 7500-7560 this week now. Big move will be in Jan or last couple of days of the year