Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

17th January 2018

Discussion for todays markets!

Can the bulls fight back today? 7790 and 7840 still resistance levels of note, with 7753 below that

I was, not surprisingly, stopped out of longs yesterday.  Quite cross with myself because i did lose very significant gains by not acting quickly enough.

+100 tech100

+ 40 s&p

+540 Dow

+40 Dax

Entered some hastily considered shorts last night too, and gave away some gains. :0(

Flipped long again this morning on the break out of overnight consolidation. Stops now at B/e.

Nice one Cowboy. The 7720 support area has held alright so far. Think we might dip down further now with the failure to break 7795.

Bearish consolidation to me.. 7715 support and 7760 resistance. Wouldn't surprise me if it popped up to close the gap on the US open but expecting low 7600s before getting back above 7760 now. It's identical to last Jan in terms of the pattern so far.. never ending grind up first two weeks, high in the futures Sunday night, consolidate Monday for MLK day in the US then tank Tuesday. Last year we retested the 7100 breakout then rallied to 7440.. this year expect a test and hold of 7600 then up to 7900s

History does have a habit of repeating.

Quote from Cowboy on 17th January 2018, 11:47 am

I was, not surprisingly, stopped out of longs yesterday.  Quite cross with myself because i did lose very significant gains by not acting quickly enough.

You are not the only one, Dax acted rather ruthless yesterday, scared the hell out of me. Today seeing drops makes me uncomfortable. I just don't know what prevents Dax from rising in the new year.

Quote from Jack 2 on 17th January 2018, 4:11 pm
Quote from Cowboy on 17th January 2018, 11:47 am

You are not the only one, Dax acted rather ruthless yesterday, scared the hell out of me. Today seeing drops makes me uncomfortable. I just don't know what prevents Dax from rising in the new year.

Strong euro Jack.. there's loads of rotation going on here which is why it feels like nothing is in sync as the indices don't move together anymore. Dax is basically 30 exporters so profits down in local currency terms when euro up. FTSE is mixed.. UK exposed stocks done well on the back of Brexit deal, commodity stocks chased higher with oil despite the Sterling move and other multinationals such as BAT have been flatlining over the last month

Bitcoin below 10k, just going to leave this bubble chart here. Hope no one here has been done over by it.

https://prnt.sc/i1rah9

Thanks Mcg, it does explain a lot.