Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

15th November 2017

Today's market discussion

Today's post - https://www.hilsdentrading.com/7375-looks-likely-today-learn-trade-daily-market-analysis

Nearly at the 7375!

There now, and 12900 on Dax...

Boom!

Icarus will have his day......TIMBER!,,,,,

Bulls must have run out of money to keep propping it up

2560 is major support on SP500 so we will find out this afternoon if this is a mere correction...which itlooks like....not a sell-off, there is no panic, this is just controlled profit-taking and the bounce may not be far below.

CM is long ftse250 with another slice of capital ready to go on a good daily hammer.

I think so CM

Quote from anstel on 15th November 2017, 11:28 am

Icarus will have his day......TIMBER!,,,,,

Oh yes, one of these days 🙂

@ Icarus

He lives !  How goes?

Nick flags up 7375 as support on FTSE and looking back last 6 months its been a huge pivot so if it becomes resistance...

I'm out of shorts now with the big divi coming up. Trend is firmly down and longs are a waste of money in this environment. Keep selling rallies. 2540-50  spx and 7300 FTSE look on

Bull market could be over on FTSE.. so need to be very careful now. Volatility is back

Interest rate outlook in UK still benign. Predict we will see bounce this week. And 7400 to be recaptured.

This is how the Ftse declined from 7135 to 5500 couple of years back.....gradually like letting air out of a balloon........ Boil the frog slowly ....

Having said that it can all change on a dime.....only takes a tweet on Twitter !

Quote from Candlemaster on 15th November 2017, 3:43 pm

Interest rate outlook in UK still benign. Predict we will see bounce this week. And 7400 to be recaptured.

Rates are low because growth is crappy.. once the yanks realise then they will start selling. FTSE not made a new high since June and Sterling about to go to $1.40 once a transitional deal is agreed next month. Think there will be one more rally to 7500+ in December but then January could get messy

Quote from Candlemaster on 15th November 2017, 1:52 pm

@ Icarus

He lives !  How goes?

Not getting excited by this slow grind down so far. Need some clear direction and pivots.

Sounds viable Mcgcapital. Usually get the November dip before the December rally. Then next year the sh1t hits the fan....

It is unfair how Dax treated me today. At 9.45 I went long 12897 and it pumped 20 points up but then it broke down,  I was gutted really cos I needed to go out. In the shopping center I noticed the price came back to my average 12888 and I closed with 7 points win and noticed it started falling. I just came home and now see it is 12960, it is unfair really how they spooked me today. I could not re-enter after 2.40 cos I still wasn't at home. Why did they need that flipping drop of 50 points?

Hope they will run out of steam and drop to 12900 again so that I could buy tomorrow or on Friday. Now Dax is sitting and doesn't give in gains like FTSE or Dow and that's a typical behavior. One minute they are mad selling then they are mad buying.

OK 20 points of drop I would allow from 900 but 845 it was too much, I closed when it came back as it wasn't a good entry and my rule is to get out, the initial support of 900 didn't hold then. Now support is actually 850.

Sod them, they meant to trick me cos they know everyone will pile in at 900. They can stuff their points in a particular place right now. 🙁

Pound hit 90p today. Still long. Out of equities until a bottom presents itself. Not quite in the mood for shorting yet, though if Dow and s&p break major support, I'll take another look. There's every chance this will become just another buying opportunity though, as the outlook hasn't changed.  Global environment benign.  Growth not to hot, not too cool, and still nowhere else to put money.  Still promise of a tax cut.  The cloud on the horizon is the removal of central bank liquidity, but we're not quite there yet.

As for FTSE, I've traded it very little this year, and I've really little interest unless it breaks down in a bigger fashion.  Frankly it's a mess of an index.  Torn between the perils of brexit and the smoke and mirror effect of weak cable.  Currency is basically the only thing that has provided any direction this year.

If, and it's a big if, the pound sets about regaining its former strength, candlemaster and I are pretty stuffed in our ETF trading for a period.  Going to cash will probably be best, though inverse FTSE might be a possibility.