Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

15th January 2018

Todays post here

Nick has reacted to this post.
Nick

Long US still the place to be folks until we're shown otherwise.

Dax no doubt is probably struggling against a rising euro, any retrace of which should let it snap up in my humble opinion.

FTSE doing really well in the face of rising cable.  Probably oil supporting, and general appetite in the global context.  I wonder also possibly are traders getting in ahead of potential sterling weakness once the trade negotiations approach?

The other side of the coin is that I'm struggling to get the force behind the massively popular short dollar trade.  I'd have expected it to want to move in the other direction, with the tax stimulus and general world outlook.

Finally a decent looking reversal in the works.. turning on the weekly, daily and 4 hourly. Still a bull market so weakness probably short lived but could be an actual pullback here towards 7600. I'm short from 7775 and looking for 7700 area initially then probably a bounce. Will go all in long if we test 7600 next few weeks but go no interest in chasing this higher

Hourly close below 7760 to confirm?

Quote from Cowboy on 15th January 2018, 12:45 pm

Hourly close below 7760 to confirm?

Ideally a lower low under 7750.. favouring that before a break of 7800. It's reminding me a bit of the 7510-7430 move we had in December. Sterling rallies, puts it under pressure but takes a while to actually go down

...day trading the ftse is now classed as a long-term investment!! Boring

Why markets are so boring today? Cluttered in a tight range.

Quote from Jack 2 on 15th January 2018, 3:38 pm

Why markets are so boring today? Cluttered in a tight range.

US closed so catching its breath 🙂

I was tempted by a smallish long there at 7770.  Good enough r/r if it's wrong.

Quite a lot of symmetry with this time last year. Boring one way ramp for pretty much a whole month.. record number of up days / higher lows.. overnight high in the futures on the Sunday night before the third trading week. That led to a drop from 7365-7100 over 3 weeks. Possible that if 7800 holds the highs are in short term until a retest of 7600 is defended

Hi McgCapital, are you using the 4 hourly chart series of lower highs to mark the possible beginning of a leg down. I’m currently short from 7691, jumped on board to early of course but can’t see any reason for the ftse to be this high. As been commented many times no real correlation between sterling and all of a sudden it seems oil is the excuse to ramp it up. I too looked at last years movements and pictured a pull back in the 3rd week of jan. Hope it’s the start of the roll over.