Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

14th November 2017

Today's market discussion

Today's Post https://www.hilsdentrading.com/7420-still-key-14-6-dividend-7375-learn-trade-daily-analysis

The headline inflation data looked mild at 3%. I havent seen any more as busy, bug you would have thought outlook for interest rates more dovish and therefore good news for ftse bulls but not much oc a reaction.

Still short with stop 7442 but bored with this position and only holding to see if market will dip when logically it should rise!

14.6 divi this week

https://uk.reuters.com/article/britain-stocks-exdiv/ex-divs-to-take-14-6-points-off-ftse-100-on-nov-16-idUKL8N1NJ2YS

Sod it just closed position for tiny profit and will look for opportunities this afternoon.

Ftse 250 might be due a bounce.

Seems to be defending the 7420 today. Shame they didn't yesterday!

Have got a dax long on at 13070 but watching closely!

Bought ftse 250 on basis bounce due, 19862, hopefully more action than ftse.

@ cowboy

Looking good !

Quote from Nick on 14th November 2017, 10:58 am

Ended up taking half at 13090, rest at 13075. Poor show bulls 😉

Morning all!! Just want to cofirm about the divi pay out. Is it today ? Normally its on wednesday right.

Says thursday on Nicks link but you have to be careful as different instruments seem to lock-in the dividend at different times during the day.

The stocks paying out go ex-div on thursday.

Quote from sharmabee on 14th November 2017, 1:14 pm

Morning all!! Just want to cofirm about the divi pay out. Is it today ? Normally its on wednesday right.

IG will apply it Wednesday at 16:30. others at 9pm. Its 14.6 this week

Carefully made 25 points or more on shorts, cos the stakes waried from 13064-88 area. Nicely closed at 13037. Did use stops, maybe couple of times didn't but generally back to a normal trading.

I heard on youtube that Dax is due to go to 12750. I need to keep an eye on it. I forgot about existence of shorts so it took me time to adjust to the situation. Shorts do still exist. 🙂 Not only longs. But they will want it up for Christmas.

Oh good I didn't see your long position posted otherwise I won't be short on my ramaining from 64.

Quote from Jack 2 on 14th November 2017, 1:44 pm

Oh good I didn't see your long position posted otherwise I won't be short on my ramaining from 64.

thats would be rare for someone to be happy by not reading Nick's Post ...

😛

Aye, the short pound is beginning to come good.  It was a hard hold back there in the low 88's.  Dax hasn't been as good to me though!

Quote from Cowboy on 14th November 2017, 2:28 pm

Aye, the short pound is beginning to come good.  It was a hard hold back there in the low 88's.  Dax hasn't been as good to me though!

Are you long Dax? Trust me, I've been there.

Stronger pound having an effect. Why it should be stronger is anybodys guess, presumably taking out main street longs now as they reckon pound can weaken, post-inflation number.

I think we might see some short term pound strength so long ftse 250 always prefer to be in stocks this time of year.