Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

13th December 2017

Todays market discussion.

Todays post here

Presumably ftse can fill the gap yo 7525 today and 7600 in a few days. Not much resistance overhead.

We got the 7470s buy, just a shame it came at 3am so couldn't enter. Not sure whether we retest it or whether it just keeps on going up towards 7540. Fed later and 3 straight days of 50+ point gains mean we might move sideways. Either way, not really something I'm interested in trading unless it pulls back for a long entry. January nearly always marks the start of a new up (e.g. 2013, 2017) or down leg (14, 15, 16). Would put money on it being down this time... 2017 has been a major anomaly vs history when it comes to the depth of pullbacks. We're due a 5% correction and it's a new tax year for the yanks so they will be able to lock in gains at their new lower rate. I suspect that's the main reason there's been almost zero downside all year. Even bullish years in the 80s and 90s had some sort of corrections so this is a complete freak. So overall expecting the rally to fail at major resistance in the 7540-7600 range. If that's what's coming would expect the last couple of days into new year to be down.. if it hangs around near the top into new year it could break out but that's a lower probability IMHO

Good Morning....added long at 92-93....

Quote from anstel on 13th December 2017, 12:02 pm

Good Morning....added long at 92-93....

Nope sorry 93-94 it was..

Hopefully knocking on the door of 8000 before end of year. See no reason why not.

Quote from Candlemaster on 13th December 2017, 12:13 pm

Hopefully knocking on the door of 8000 before end of year. See no reason why not.

Lol.. only 6 months of overhead supply in the way.. if we take out 7600 might join you but until then, it's unlikely

Stranger things have happened.......I wouldn't rule it out.....not by any stretch of the imagination....its faultered  at 7599.5 and 7591 so far so an explosive move up could well happen........BUT ....we all have to watch for our individual bias......obviously CM you want it up because your probably long from 7410-20 area......Mcg you are in the bear camp mainly I guess.....I'm normally bullish....but you know what ......ive got two buttons here lol one up one down......I'm staying on the fence.....it was struggling around 7300 less than a week ago.....who knows ......it's not us that's for sure  best stay fluid and without opinion and be prepared to flip short pdq if the need arises......

I rdckon the Fed is a non-event with no surprises.

Quote from anstel on 13th December 2017, 12:56 pm

Stranger things have happened.......I wouldn't rule it out.....not by any stretch of the imagination....its faultered  at 7599.5 and 7591 so far so an explosive move up could well happen........BUT ....we all have to watch for our individual bias......obviously CM you want it up because your probably long from 7410-20 area......Mcg you are in the bear camp mainly I guess.....I'm normally bullish....but you know what ......ive got two buttons here lol one up one down......I'm staying on the fence.....it was struggling around 7300 less than a week ago.....who knows ......it's not us that's for sure  best stay fluid and without opinion and be prepared to flip short pdq if the need arises......

Exactly Anstel.. I'm not in anything at the moment so just saying what I see.. would buy 7470s though and sell 7540. I'm bearish for obvious reasons.. no new highs in 6 months and flattening MAs need to be respected. When you get near the top of the range it makes no sense to stay long and hope it breaks out.. its failed there 20+ times so why is this time different? The market always gives you another chance to get in anyway. Like last week if you'd been long and got out at 7370 when it broke up it then retested 7370 where you could have gone long again if that way inclined. It's about execution as opinions are nearly always wrong anyway

Quote from Mcgcapital on 13th December 2017, 1:20 pm
Quote from anstel on 13th December 2017, 12:56 pm

Exactly Anstel.. I'm not in anything at the moment so just saying what I see.. would buy 7470s though and sell 7540. I'm bearish for obvious reasons.. no new highs in 6 months and flattening MAs need to be respected. When you get near the top of the range it makes no sense to stay long and hope it breaks out.. its failed there 20+ times so why is this time different? The market always gives you another chance to get in anyway. Like last week if you'd been long and got out at 7370 when it broke up it then retested 7370 where you could have gone long again if that way inclined. It's about execution as opinions are nearly always wrong anyway

Makes perfect sense what your saying there Mcg..the probalities of it reaching 7600 are low if you go off how it's been reacting when it's been up there earlier this year....however sometimes I think we can get lulled into a false sense of security so best be alert and vigilant and see how we go.....just in case it breaks out to the upside....

Long is long, will I see 13200 on Dax or moreover, will it break 13200?

Thank you, anstel, quite an educative video yesterday. But I don't envy his style of living, too much away from home in empty hotels and flights which are tiring. But if it suits him why not.

Nasty Dax, as far as I always see, predictable. But exposure is small, mostly secured. Not sure if I see my 13200 now. 🙁

Really frustrated. Don't know what to do, hold that long or not. 0 all day.

Hopefully now. It got up first I was long and happy and then it fell and so low again. I should have closed while I was above +20 but thought it would just pull back a bit. You never know how much they will pull back so I close sometimes on top of the 1st wave when I should have held or hold when I should have closed. Never get on a correct one. Holding now.

One of those days.

I got actually quite angry right now. All indicies including US are going up, Dax it going down. What the heck?

Quote from Jack 2 on 13th December 2017, 4:08 pm

One of those days.

I got actually quite angry right now. All indicies including US are going up, Dax it going down. What the heck?

Draghi tomorrow.. will probably catch up in relief when he's dovish (don't think he's ever anything else). That has to be the reason for the lag over the past week

I noticed that lag, Mcg, that's why I am long. Think eventually they'll want to catch up. The prediction this morning was 13250. We're not near that. Reduced my stake to minimum and basically b/e will be 13142.5 but with such a stake it's not really worth it. I need this thing going first.

Or I just need to come out and wait. I can't believe 130 was broken to 118, are they having a laugh? The chart doesn't look bullish that bothers me.

Got myself in trouble. I should have come out