Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

11th January 2018

Resistance 7761 today. More here

Now that the resistance level is broken are we likely to see 7800 before 7620?

I'm playing 7620, before 7800. I have a wedge formation in play which has 60-65 as a top. But looking for FTSE to retrace below 48, for the trend to change of having consecutive up days.

Seeing the same TCG.. they've defined 7760 as a key resistance now. Key to a move lower is to break the string of higher lows on the daily which now stands at a record 13 I think.. hoping tomorrow we break 7735 and that can get some downside going. 7690 key support, probably will retest this 7760 area a few more times before it can be broken

If at first you don't break out, then try try and try again... they literally never give up! lol

needs to finish below 48 for highs to hold.

For me, 7715 is the first minor line in the sand, with below 7689 creating a problem.

It just keeps going up and up. Could we continue going higher and higher like the Dow Jones? We've broken Nick's resistance levels and maybe we'll see 7800 before 7689

A tight grind higher like this can be rather pedantic to follow.  The good thing is, its not so difficult to be long.  The amplitude of the trading range is small and so you can stop it not too far away.  Let it float up until it shows signs of reversing, keep lifting your stop up and let it close itself out upon reversal.  Often, less trading is more.

Rise in the euro has done it no harm at all today.

Dax knows how to get on people’s nerves. When all markets are flying I had to suffer on my long there which ended up still in a loss for the day. I didn’t manage to recover all. It did make a trip to 13150 after all. Closed 13157 long too early, it was the last push/hope though, some stops triggered basically it was a very traumatic day for me. Will it ever get to 13500 as some experts suggest? I won’t be able to trade tomorrow so Monday then.