Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and trading

Discussion Forum for trading analysis, help, signals and learning how to trade. Chat with other traders , post analysis, trades and ask questions. This is the public part of my website. For more in-depth discussions please consider joining to chat with other members

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

FTSE 100 Discussion

Rather than do the date breakdown, am going to just group by market

Markets have gapped up after the North Korea news that they are not looking to do further missile tests and want to be treated as a bonafide nation rather than the outsider. However, Asian stocks were mixed as trade discussions are still simmering away in the background. U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said he’s considering a trip to China and that he’s “cautiously optimistic” of reaching an agreement that bridges their differences over trade.

Stocks fell on Friday in the U.S. as chipmakers remained under pressure. Treasury 10-year yields reached the highest since 2014, while WTI was flat after U.S. explorers cranked the rig count up to a three-year high and President Trump said in a tweet crude prices are "artificially very high."

This week we have U.S. manufacturing and services sector PMIs. Later this week’s GDP and jobless claims, and also more earnings data. ECB rate decision on Thursday as well. 

23rd April post here

There's the test of the 7360. Will the bulls defend?

Currently short on FTSE 7432 and Dax at 12634

Quote from Nick on 24th April 2018, 9:09 am

Currently short on FTSE 7432 and Dax at 12634

Out of dax, half at +25, rest at breakeven

Out of FTSE 7412

Bears still in charge but can 7365 be defended

Slow rise today - still looking for 7415ish.

Today panning out. What will the afternoon bring?

7555 for the high so far, just shy of the 7560

Slow start this morning with the 7592 resistance holding

Ex-divs to take 22.9 points off FTSE 100 on May 10

Decent divi driven rise to 7650. But with S&P dropping off 2685 will we see a pull back from these levels? Feels like we might.

7635 support for the moment, will it hold?

Quote from Nick on 10th May 2018, 11:02 am

7635 support for the moment, will it hold?

So far it has. Rise to 7725 still on the cards...  need the S&P to defend 2700 to target 2720

Members and I got long at 7630 today as per trade plan sent out at 7am. Fantastic bounce, and nice profit banked at 7687. Has actually risen even further now to push towards 7725...

7725 resistance still intact

Looking like the bulls will finally manage to break 7725

Am currently on holiday but members are still receiving daily analysis

Resistance level today at 7745 but pushed up towards the fib at 7768 instead. Seeing a bit of downside from there though, and 7700 still support for today

7691 on the cards!?

Strong downside potential on a sustained break of 7600. But i expect some upside in the short term. Outlook is bearish in my view.

Hope you are doing well Nick. just out of curiosity where's everyone gone. In all the years of visiting your forum this is the first time i have seen the forum so empty for a prolonged duration. Miss the banter!

Yes very quiet icarus. I am good, hope all is well with you too. Not sure where they all went as still have lots of website visitors. Maybe no one wants to comment.

Agree with your outlook - 7610 looks key today

Looks like its been defended for now with a rise on the cards for the next 12 hours.

Hey Nick, doing god, thanks. like to believe ftse is in a c wave down with potential to get to 6000 quite easily. the us indices however have not made new highs yet so skeptical of an immediate bearish move on ftse

Can see a drop down towards 7350 then a climb to end the year